Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Interviews

I first started this blog back in 2008 because I wanted a place in which I could share the various radio shows that I love. There are really a few different types -

1) radio people decide to play 2 or 3 hours of Pink Floyd music while discussing the band. No new interviews or music.

2) band members record interview segments to promote an album release or anniversary or that sort of thing.

3) live broadcast on the radio of some event or concert. No real band member interviews or direct involvement, but the music is typically new & good quality.

The links for all of the radio shows are dead - and have been dead for quite a long time. When assembling the pieces to re-post them, I had to decide what things to include and what things to exclude based on the above categories. In the end, I decided to just do whatever I felt like doing. So - Good Luck!

Many of these shows are internet stream captures. This is because they apparently weren't captured in good quality off-air & shared by anyone in that particular local market. I tried to stay on top of things for Gilmour's solo tour. I always tried to make sure that I grabbed the internet stream. Obviously, where I have multiple sources for shows, I will be sharing the superior source. If you have a superior source that I do not have - please don't be shy!!

There will be radio shows for each band member as well as several associates. I will probably include a lot of links to the original posts for these shows, as there are often images or links that might be helpful. These shows are a lot of fun. Be careful or you just might learn something!

No comments: