Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jean-Luc Ponty - 1976 - UCLA

This is an interesting case. This artist must have a devoted following, because there are so many recordings available. However, it seems that his audience are really bad spellers. I don't think that any two of the concerts had his name spelled the same. I did what others before me should've done - I looked the fellow up & changed all of the folders to list his name in the same way. Now, if wikipedia has gotten this fellow's name incorrect, please let me know.

Artist Info

UCLA Concerts

1 comment:

Dr. Forrester said...

JEAN-LUC PONTY:
U.C.L.A. 1976
"Rock Around the World" FM broadcast
source: FM broadcast reel master
recording quality: A
performanvce quality: A (one of my first and fave live Ponty ROIO's)

1: radio announcer
2: tarantula
3: is once enough?
4: new country
5: encore polyfolk dance (very nice!)

Total Time = about 25 minutes (this is the complete broadcast)

Jean-Luc Ponty: Violins
Allan Zavod: Electric Keyboards, Acoustic Piano
Mark Craney: Drums, Bass (on Renaissance)
Tom Fowler: Bass, Acoustic Violin
Daryl Stuermer: Electric & Acoustic Guitars

do not sell this recording.
Trade freely and losslessly.
(note: this will fit on 2 CD's with recently posted
La Paloma theater 10/23/76 and S.F. 3/22/76 shows.
I saved mine this way to save CD's/space.)