Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chaos' Last Day


When digital cameras were first available on the consumer market, my place of employment got one. It cost something like $400. It could only hold 16 photos at a time before it's memory was full. Each photo was about 1 MB, so you could only get 1 photo onto a 3.5" floppy. I took the thing home one weekend and took some photos of my idiot cats. The above was my favorite photo of the bunch. The cat, Chaos, reminded me of a Jaws movie poster.

This is another photo of Chaos, taken quite a few years later. He's in a house that I built for him, guarding a bunny toy that my daughter made for him.

Chaos reached Last Day yesterday. I took him to Carousel and cheered for him to Renew.

More tunes tomorrow.

10 comments:

Innocent Bystander said...

My condolences. While we don't have any cats, there have been many dogs that have taken up floor space here over the years. As such I know the pain that you're feeling & the knowledge that they're here for far too short a time.

Enjoy the photos & the memories, they are there for a reason. Time will lessen the hurt & the hole in your life but not the love given & received.

Appick said...

Sorry for your loss - it reminds me of my cat Piewacit who (I can't say that can I?) died a few years ago.

Anonymous said...

We adopted a cat and named him boo. He was with us for 19 years. We moved
in 2009 and he was with us in the new
house for a couple of months. His health took a turn for the worst. We had to return to Florida so he stayed on my lap for the entire trip.
He stopped eating and passed away in the area where he was from. I went to the local friends of strays building and adopted to Kittens Mindy and Sebastian.

Anonymous said...

So sorry. There is very little that hurts worse than losing a pet.

Tim

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I have two cats myself, and a dog, and if anything happened to either of them, I don't know what I'd do.

We'll be here waiting for you when you're ready to come back. :-D

Unknown said...

so sorry for your loss, that's the deal, we make a lifetime committment to them.

Kwai Chang said...

Don't forget, cats are people too! No life is insignificant. My deepest sympathies and warmest regards are with you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Chaos. A cat guy myself, I really feel for you. They are such unique creatures and become such a part of our lives. They do leave a lots of fun and happy memories though.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, pets as you know are much better than most people to get close to. Not much better in life than good music and a good pet. My thoughts and prayers to you. I live in Northern Wisconsin and grew up in Chicago so I'm sure we've crossed paths. Chaos RIP..

Anonymous said...

My Kitty is 14, still plays like a kitten - I'll be crushed to lose her, which obviously won't be too long. Very sorry for your loss, very happy for your cat's happy life!