Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Post 2000


Hello, and welcome to post 2000. I thought that I would use the nice, lovely, round number to take a slight pause and ramble on about a few things. Firstly, I received some 276 DVDs of audio material - and a whole hard drive of additional audio material - from a wizard whom we shall call Jim. I sifted through all of that material, shook loose a very few duplicates, and have been uploading for you ever since. And... if it helps to give some sense of scale, I have, as of today, uploaded some 128 GB of his material. We have only about 1.5 TB of material remaining. So, yes, it will very likely take another year or more.

More immediately, if you are a Genesis fan, you'll want to pay special attention for the next week or so. There will be about 50 GB of Genesis material to swim around in.

In other news.... If you happen to be Canadian and if you happen to be the sort who goes to music festivals, be sure to check out Gandalf Murphy. They will be spending much of the Summer in Canada. They're very taper-friendly. So, take your microphone stands and video cameras and report back! I'd love to arrange a trade. B-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back Doc, and back with a bang too!!. Also thanks for using a d/l manager friendly file host.
This is the blog that finally taught me to go and see a doctor instead of my favourite nurse

wardo said...

I agree with Anonymous. It is good to have you back. Here's to a great new year.

Appick said...

Oh, silly me - I had come to associate cones with cone-i-fer trees (hint, hint ...).

Genesis is good. I'm hoping that you have the concert from March 29th 1975 in Bern, Switzerland. I have a friend who went to this concert and I want to give her recording of it.

I take this opportunity, to thank you once again, of course, and to wish you a very Happy New Year.

Dr. Forrester said...

Sorry, but I do not have that particular date. Closest would be-

Genesis - 1975-03-01 - Palais des Sports Dijon France (OAM) (Eeklair Version)

and

Genesis - 1975-04-04 - Circus Krone, Munich

No fears - There are 29 more trees to be planted...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your posts. I await with anticipation for the Genseis material.

Kwai Chang said...

Well, that explains a lot! Thankfully I only love the main man of G. But your work ethic is setting new precedents...and in deep water,too! This pleases me. There are a lot who could learn from a few. Nice Picture, as well! Happy New Cone!
PS- Thank you, Jim!!!