Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gandalf Murphy - Pirate Ball - Set 1


Some of you nice folks may know that my bride & I recently travelled to New York City to attend Gandalf Murphy's Extraterrestrial Hillbilly Pirate Ball. It was an amazing time!! One of the most incredible shows that I have ever attended. The band did an incredible job and played a 3 and a half hour marathon of a concert - while changing costumes and musical styles for each set. I had professional musicians and music "insiders" gushing to me about this performance. The whole show is a 3-DVD set. So, I won't share it all... But, I was hoping that you might be willing to take a chance and give the first disk a spin. Your ears will love you for the rest of your life. This is the "Pirate" set... Complete with songs like Blackjack David, Cape Cod Girls, and Tell Me Ma.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why not post the whole thing?

Dr. Forrester said...

Oh, don't get me wrong.. I'd love to share it. I have another 20+ DVDs of Gandalf Murphy's various appearances that I would love to share. But, the sad fact is that I just don't think that very many people would download them.

So far, four people have started to download this DVD. If, after a few days, that number has grown a bit, maybe I will post the others. B-)

BigApe said...

Thank you so much for putting me on to GM. I for one would be only too grateful for anything you could put up, even if it was only temporary. Your DVDs are the only chance I've got of seeing the 'circus' as I doubt they'll be touring on this side of the pond anytime soon :(

Keep the good times coming

BA

Dr. Forrester said...

Well, kind sir, if you live in the UK, be prepared to hold onto something... because the Circus is coming to town! Check out their official calendar page for all of the details...