Friday, January 9, 2009

Julee Cruise - Rarities


Julee Cruise was featured on the Twin Peaks soundtrack album as well as two other solo albums made by the same team. Several years later, she put out a truly solo album - completely different from her work with the Twin Peaks folks. It (and her web site) vanished almost immediately. All along, she has made guest appearances on loads of albums. Most of these are really nice. Sadly, much of her work is available only on promotional CDs and LPs - some is completely unreleased. I spent a fortune on eBay & put together a series of Rarities compilations for my own amusement.

1 2 3 4

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this mysterious diamond...and for your generosity to share it.

goa

Anonymous said...

very cool!!! thanks a bunch!

Richard said...

thanks for putting this together and sharing.

Anonymous said...

TThank you ever so much!

Anonymous said...

Really liked her first (TP-era release). Before I saw TP debut, I saw the "Rockin' Back..." video and thought it was deliciously weird, and later the Lynch involvement made sense. Saw her live during the halcyon days of TP, met her, she was super nice. Her husband hailed from not far from here, and she had family at the concert and was quite charming. No Angelo in the band, but very good music. Very pleasant person, and obviously talented. I did audiotape that concert, I think it's within a few feet of where I sit at this moment.

Dr. Forrester said...

If you would not mind sharing that recording, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for the comments! It's always nice to hear something positive about your heros!

aorto said...

Thank you. I've loved her music and work with Lynch and Badalamenti for years. I had no idea these things even existed! Very much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I also am a HUGE Julle fan Love all 3 studio albums, so cant wait to hear these. Thanks SO much for compiling all these, you are AWESOME