Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Ancestors - Brigadoon


This is another album that is the very definition of obscure. It was just on the cusp of being released when the music label and distribution company both collapsed (in 1994). The CDs were never sold in stores. Apparently, a few have filtered out here & there under mysterious circumstances. But, it was never available to the general public in the traditional manner of these things.

Song number 6 is called "Syd" - and, yes, it's about *that* Syd. It's not a cover song, rather a very nice tribute. The overall feel of this album is dark, moody, and heavy. There's loads of Moog synthesizer and fuzzed out guitar. In short, it falls directly into the "Progressive Rock" catagory - PROG.

Song number 12 is called "Helo" - and it's a much happier song. It's the sort of thing that, even after many, many listenings, continues to just elude me. There's clearly a story being told. I just want to sit down with the author (Joziah) and say, "OK, right, what the hell is this about, exactly ?"

You'll find quite a few empty tracks on the end... I didn't put them there by mistake. That's how my CD is, so that's how I am sharing it with you. I'm just as baffled as you will be. Don't be too hasty when deleting them, though.. There is something there towards the end that you'll want to keep.

I've got another Floyd DVD coming in about 2 days time. Until then, download this one, find somewhere dark & warm that you can spend some time & give this CD a listen. I think that you'll be glad that you did.

Here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thx for these rarities...and what will come next????!!!!

goa

Anonymous said...

I was very impressed with this album.Very good sound.The lead singer reminds me so much of David Bowie (in a good way).The subtle, almost laid back feel is interspersed with surprising and (to my ears) excellent guitar work. Thank you for sharing. P.S. I snuck this onto my hard drive of rips of my commercial CDs.I could not leave it in my bootleg section or my "listen once & delete section".

Unknown said...

Hi! I've heard this album in 1995... It was recorded on a tape. It was my favourite band!!! But once i've lost that tape... Could you, please upload this album anywhere, so i could download it? Thanks. Vlad.

Dr. Forrester said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/398032113/TAB.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/398039951/TAB.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/398040587/TAB.part3.rar

Enjoy, Vlad!