Sunday, September 21, 2008

Eight Miles High - promo VHS

The "broadcast" version of the documentary was issued on VHS in the States, but only sold to music educators, not the general public. Happily, I was able to arrange to purchase a copy. The advantages of this edition are that there is no Japanese narration or subtitles. But, it is also a bit shorter and the picture quality is not as sharp as the DVD source. When I built the DVD project, I added some bonus footage from a different documentary, "Have A Nice Decade", which also came out in 1994. Eight Miles High contains Roger's comments. Have A Nice Decade contains Dave's views. I wonder if they planned it that way ? B-)

36 parts

1 comment:

mahavishnu floyd said...

The links are down. Looks like this would be a good one to watch.

I am grateful for all the other great stuff I have had the opportunity to hear (or see). Cheers