Monday, July 14, 2008

Gandalf Murphy - 11-July-08 - LSSU


I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the greatest rock band IN THE WORLD, apart from the Floyd, of course. Gandalf Murphy, and I don't say this lightly, endevor to lay bare the Mysteries Of The Universe. They create their own country routinely. They have even created their own religion - primarily so that they can poke fun at it & feel good about belonging to it.

I have just returned from seeing Gandalf Murphy And The Slambovian Circus Of Dreams three times. It was an absolutely incredible, mind-blowing three days. As I like you & want you to run away to the Circus with the rest of us, I filmed some of two of the three shows.

The adventure started with front row tickets to their show at Lake Superior State University. Seemed like a nice, quiet campus in a nice quiet town. Terrible streets, though. But, I digress.

Please enjoy these films.. I included some of their more Floydian songs as well as one of the newest (from the new album). They are selling the new album and have had at least 2 record release parties for it. But, I guess that it's not officially "for sale" until August. Go figure.

Also, I scanned a few of the paper goods that I picked up - a handbill, ticket stubs, flier - if they would be of any interest.
I have flown half-way across the country - twice - to see these guys. They are *that* good.

1 2 3 4 5

No comments: