Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Syd On The Beach



Here's a DVD that I put together to showcase one of the rarer Syd Barrett films. It shows him running around on a beach with his bandmates. When I tried describing this film to people, they inevitably thought I was trying to describe the promo film for Arnold Layne. But, this is not the case. We have this beach film from 2 sources. In this DVD project, I provide both original sources, completely unmodified. Also, I provide a third version, which is a slowed down, cropped version that I built so you can see the action a bit better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a request (and the mandatory kudos) for what has to be the BEST Pink Floyd videos blog anywhere: do you have the Roy Battersby's "The body" documentary with a soundtrack by Ron Geesin and Roger Waters? I caught it on the telly ages ago and remember it to be quite peculiar.
Thanks anyway, Xuh

Dr. Forrester said...

I do have a DVD of The Body. Give me some time & I'll dig it out & post it for you. No worries. I tried to get a print of it ages ago from a certain library, but was told that it had been stolen back in the 1970s!! So, I wam very glad that it has surfaced in not too bad quality on DVD.

Dr. F.

Anonymous said...

Great news! Xuh

ark said...

is this the "Syd Barrett's First Trip" video that has been circulating? or something new???

Thanks,

Dr. Forrester said...

"Syd's First Trip" is something else entirely.

Booster said...

...and what sort of date are we looking at here Dr. F? 67ish?

Dr. Forrester said...

Judging by the length of Syd's hair & the fact that the boys are wearing jackets, I would say probably Fall 1967.

efilsforzaggin said...

Theres a shot from the xmas on earth gig can anyone tell me if that footage is availible?