Thursday, October 13, 2011

Storm's Day


Today was the day that I got to hang my "Tree Of Half-Life" print. I bought it ... a long time ago. Although it was a long wait, it's finally displayed properly. It's even (this is true) got its own spotlight!

Meeting Storm Thorgerson was one of the highlights of this silly hobby. He is a brilliant man. He is full of wonderful stories - and he has that twinkle in his eyes that lets you know that he's ten miles ahead of you, but anxious to bring you along on the journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice

Innocent Bystander said...

I'm quite jealous, both for the picture itself (very nice) & because you actually managed to get one of those 'long ago' purchase/projects accomplished. I have several different types of those things that really need to be out & displayed somewhere in the house.

Perhaps being stuck inside during this semi-rainy weekend will give me the motivation to lock myself in the workshop to work on them (that & my mother-in-law is visiting....).

Jason said...

That's very cool. Storm's work for Floyd is nothing short of brilliant. So many iconic images.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Where did you meet him?

Claude