Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Coming Back To Life


I've just returned from seeing the Columbus and Detroit shows. They were wonderful. I had a chance to meet up with lots of the leaders of the Underground. Most importantly with regards to this blog was my meeting with a fellow that the ladies all call ... Jim. He gave several boxes of DVDs to me. These are all audio files. There must be hundreds of them. It's not all Pink Floyd related material, he cautioned. So, in the coming weeks and months, you'll see quite a few non-Floyd posts. No complaints!!

As you know, the folks at RS went insane. So, we won't be going down that road again. I wanted to use Mega. However, in using them in the recent past, my computer registered 2 cyber attacks from an IP in the Ukraine. Plus, of course, I'm not a fan of the pop-up adverts. Therefore, I will give "hotfile" a try. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Give me a day or two to get the first posts uploaded. See you then!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very happy to read what you have written in this post. Welcome back! You are Royalty in this realm...

Tony

Anonymous said...

great....

but hotfile sucks.

Download manager don't function, sucks, cause uses a re-captcha system

Mediafire and Megaupload are the best, please re consider these!!!

all the best,

goa

Anonymous said...

I agree, mediafire(also megaupload...I've never knowingly had a problem) is much better than hotfile for free users; 30 min wait time between each dl.
Keep the internet free/freeish if at all possible?
And welcome back.

Christophe said...

Glad to see you back Dr... :-))

Unknown said...

thanks, good to see you are coming back. Hotfile is good, cheap as chips, and works well using jdownloader, which I recommend to everyone. surprised with your megaupload cyber attacks, never had a problem myself

Unknown said...

Mediafire has worked really well for me, both audio and image files..

Anonymous said...

I like Hotfile as well as Mediafire and Megaupload. Keep up the great work you do. It's very appreciated!

dstache said...

I got a hotfile premium account last week because another blog, vivalesbootlegs, started posting lossless, after previously only posting MP3, and it uses hotfile. It's worked just fine. I also like rapidshare, but I understand your view there (qualitybootz, another great blog, uses RS and Mega). Glad to see you are back. Hope to see some Exc and better PF posted. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Doc

So good to see you back on track. Maybe you can also fill the one or the other gap in Waters' Wall chronology.


Regards
Thomas

Dr. Forrester said...

Thomas - I am waiting a little while, but, yes, I do intend to do a lengthy Wall Marathon eventually. B-)

Anonymous said...

Great, I'm looking forward to all your posts. Have a good time.
Thomas

Innocent Bystander said...

Hey Doc, I just stopped by on my usual every 1-2 week hopeful rechecking of the site. It's wonderful to see some activity here again, you'll have to go back into the 'daily view' rotation. While I love PF/Gilmour & they're in the heavy play rotation, there is still an incredible amount of great music out there. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in your new big box of shows.

As far as the distribution method, I personally would prefer MegaUpload, but pretty much anyone but RS is workable.