Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How to not impress concert security

I went to see the first two Roger Waters concerts in Chicago. During the second night, I stuck my ticket in my wallet - to keep it safe and on my person. I left my seat during the intermission. As I was returning, I saw that everyone was being asked to present their tickets before being allowed back into each given section. So, I promptly extracted my ticket from my wallet and presented it. Unfortunately, I presented them with this ticket -

The security person was ... unamused. I was totally baffled myself, to be completely honest. I had *no* idea that I had been carrying that particular item around for all this time. Eventually, after some ... conversation ... I was able to produce the appropriate item. I returned to my seat in time for the second half, which is really the only important thing. All is forgiven! Sorry for the confusion!!

8 comments:

phonaut said...

So how was the show?

Connie said...

Ha! That's pretty funny. :) I'm glad you still had your actual ticket for the evening and got to see the second half of the show.

Emily said...

250 bucks?
Did he kiss your feet?

Anonymous said...

HA! That's golden, love it! Your thoughts on the Wall?

kike said...

Doc,

here we are:
http://hotfile.com/dl/71322099/8d270b2/RW2010-09-21ChicagoV2.part1.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/71322033/0f981b0/RW2010-09-21ChicagoV2.part2.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/71320799/9816276/RW2010-09-21ChicagoV2.part3.rar.html

enjoy!

Dat Big Cheeze? said...

Rut Ro!!!

Anonymous said...

250 bucks - in Switzerland Roger fetches 250 Francs for the tix of the best category, which is at current exchange rates 250 Dollars, too. Compare it to the Indigo Girls, they entertained you for just 40 bucks.

Cheers
Thomas

syd said...

for 250 dollars - he'd better bloody well come over to my place,and help me repair my wall.

good to see you open again old boy.