Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jill Sobule - 2004-10-02 - Martyr's - Chicago



This was a strange one. I went with a friend who had a professional microphone & mic stand. We got in a little bit late, had to fuss around for batteries, but got the rig together before the show started. The opening act was a bit of a downer, to be honest. But, Jill's show was great - really something special. I was very pleased with the recording. Then, I heard that someone had filmed the show and was going to release the film. Long story short, he shared four songs, but the rest was never shared. *sigh* If you look closely at the top image - you can see my friend's microphone stand. We had *no* idea that we were in the guy's shot. It's not like he ever came to say anything. I kinda feel bad about it sometimes... But, hey, he never did share his film. So, sometimes, I don't feel badly. I am going to share everything that I have from this show - the guy's 4 films and my audio recording. I'm even going to include the opening act and a review of the show I found much later. Enjoy!
1 2 3 4 5

No comments: