Sunday, February 28, 2010

Future Things

I recently tried to share some live recordings by a band that I thought was a traditionally taper-friendly jam-band. Sadly, though, apparently someone out there doesn't like having those recordings shared. *sigh* Not one email was received. Not one comment was submitted. So, my guess is as good as yours.

I guess we won't try to revisit that particular band again.... The future holds LOTS more by Robyn Hitchcock & Gandalf Murphy. They both have signed off on sharing of their materials on archive.org. That's about as liberal a taping policy as there is. More PF as things come in... More Australian TV from our friend John will arrive in the next few days.

RS is having technical problems right now... Uploading is not easy at the moment. I've been digging through the archives & have uncovered a pile of groovy new B-related materials that I'll probably share once RS gets their act together.

Should anyone have the desire to share information about ... that other band ... please leave a comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://lix.in/-762127

Appick said...

Do I post here?

I read somewhere that it isn't so much the band who are dl unfriendly but the label they signed to in the US! Is this true or not, I'm not sure! I know that it was tolerated before and that it is now very hard to find their concerts on the net, which is a real shame. Thanks for all the effort you put in to it - I hope that some people where able to benefit from it. I also hope something sorts itself out one day!

Anonymous said...

Seeing the things here that are Robyn Hitchcock-related are wonderful - and I should know!

Tony

Anonymous said...

When I saw the band last year in Köln (Cologne)
there was an announcer who said that it is not allowed to tape the show in any way. The band would be happy if all would help to catch people which are recording or filming the show.
A bad vibration went thru the audience. Very sad! I believe the bands who don't allow trading don't know that we love their shows BECAUSE we bought the original CDs before. So sad!