Thursday, January 28, 2010

Storm's WYWH film




Ten years ago, Storm Thorgerson Produced & Directed an internet-only film to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Floyd's album Wish You Were Here. At the time, I worried that it would soon be removed from the host web pages & we would lose it entirely. Happily, however, some enterprising young souls found a means of capturing it for posterity. Everyone (hopefully) has a little gem in their collection that they go back to over and over - and this one is mine. I am an unabashed Storm Thorgerson fan. I've often said that if I could meet any member of Pink Floyd, I would pick Storm Thorgerson. That dream came true one fair evening in 2007. He gave me a nice smile and several kind words.
If you download nothing else from this blog, please download this one. It comes with a small .txt file which explains what you need to do to get the film to play. Anyone still in need of help, please leave a comment & I'll do what I can.

6 comments:

wigglytoothman said...

Thanks for posting this! Storm's art is so unique... really cool that you got to meet him. His work is part of what drew me in to Pink Floyd in the first place. Cool to see his work for other bands (Audioslave, Cranberries, Alan Parsons, etc.)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Thank you very much!

Jason said...

Very nice, thanks!

Tomi said...

i am using this as a projection film during wish you were here on our gigs :)

Anonymous said...

Never seen this one before, thanks!! Love Storms work, will hopefully get to meet him in a couple of weeks too!! He has an exhibition down in London at a gallery called Idea Generation :)

Becky said...

Amazing. Is there nothing this man can't do?? I heard about that exhibition at the Idea Generation too. Sounds amazing! Think I'll try and get myself down to London to catch it.